The University of Arizona, Tucson, Ariz.
Major: Journalism and History (double major) Cumulative GPA: 3.82 Graduated: May 2014
The Daily Courier Prescott, Ariz.
Reporter 02/14 – Present
- Primary beat is business.
- Also regularly covers college, weekend and food news.
- Takes own photos.
- Quality videographer that produces at least one video a week.
UATV Tucson, Ariz.
Reporter 09/11 – 05/14
- Shot footage, wrote scripts and edited video.
Anchor 09/12 – 05/14
- Wrote copy, delivered it live on air and worked with production crew on special projects.
News Director 09/13 – 05/14
- Managed reporters. Drove news content for target audience.
Water Resources Research Center (WRRC) Tucson, Ariz.
Montgomery & Associates Summer Intern 06/13 – 09 09/13
- Researched and wrote the first draft of WRRC’s annual publication, The publication focuses on critical Arizona water issues. The topic assigned was the value of water.
KGUN9 Tucson, Ariz.
News Desk Intern 01/13 – 05/13
- Shadowed and assisted reporters, anchors, producers and web producers.
- In the newsroom, produced web content.
- In the field, produced standups and practiced camerawork.
Iskashitaa Refugee Network Tucson, Ariz.
Documenter 09/12 – 01/13
- Documented and compiled refugee cooking recipes to design a cookbook.
- Interviewed, photographed and videotaped refugees resetteled in Tucson.
- Wrote articles on food, refugees and the environment for Iskashitaa’s monthly news letter.
The Arizona Summer Wildcat Tucson, Ariz.
Perspectives Reporter 06/12 – 08/12
- Wrote weekly opinion articles on divisive topics.
- Radio Bootcamp
- October, 2013: eight hour instructional workshop on using audio equipment and creating an audio story fit for radio.
- Grants To You
- June, 2010: sixteen hour grant writing development course.
- Software proficientcy: YouTube Capture, iMovie app, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, Edius, Avid, Abode Audition, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office.
- Equipment proficiency: DSLR cameras, Panasonic camcorders, drones, lighting, audio.
- Western News & Info, inc. award winner for specialized reporting
- Kramer Scholarship from the University of Arizona School of Journalism for 2013-2014
- Journalism Certificate of Merit in 2013 and 2014
- Arizona Excellence Scholarship Award 2010-2014
- Deans list for last three years of college
- Global Water Brigades
- Spring 2013: I travelled with U.S. and German students to Ghana to construct rainwater harvesters for families in villages with limited access to clean water.
- Fall 2014: The Susan J. Rheem Adult Day Center
- Gen Y Superhumans
- A founding member of this expanding social club focused on youthful growth.
- Fraternity Member: Zeta Beta Tau, Alpha Omicron chapter
- 2012 President. 2011 Internal Vice President. 2010 Brotherhood Development Director.